Who's it for?
The Parenting Children Course is for any parents, step-parents, grandparents or caregivers with children aged 0 - 10 years. Couples expecting their first child are also welcome.
Why do the course?
Children do not arrive with an instruction manual! Family life is under great pressure today and parents face bewildering choices around how to parent effectively. Discovering we are not alone in the challenges we face and picking up ideas from other parents can make a huge difference. We can all learn how to make even the happiest family better.
What to expect
- A friendly and informal atmosphere
- Tea/coffee and cake
- Talks covering the following topics:
- Building strong foundations
- Meeting our children's needs
- Setting boundaries
- Teaching healthy relationship
- Our long term aim
- Opportunity to discuss the session's topic with others, although there is never any pressure to share on the course.
- Childcare is available during the course.
How much does it cost?
- $10 per person. This covers the course manual and supper each evening.